Monday, April 16, 2007

Simple

Some douche bag decided that it'd be funny to destroy some of the plants I've been growing.

The Q bought me three little starter kits of marigolds. They came with seeds, a little pot and a pellet of soil that you added water to and expanded. I grew them in their little pots until they were about three inches tall and then transplanted them into some bigger pots and set them outside to get better sun and hopefully bloom. They were doing pretty well until last night. The Q and I went to Kerbey Lane for dinner and upon our return home, the marigolds were still there in their new homes. Later, I went outside to water them before I went to bed and they were destroyed. Someone had ripped them apart and left little stubs.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed. Who the hell does that? As I fell asleep I pondered this question. Either some drunken buffoon thought it'd be funny or someone maliciously attacked them in order to enact revenge for something I may have done.

Now I am by no means a bad tenant. The worst thing I do is practice with Bruh on Saturdays. We don't play past nine or ten and we'd happily reschedule if someone were to knock on the door and ask. So I came to the conclusion that whoever did it, did it because they're a douche bag and don't care about other people's property.

Though my flowers are ruined, I am optimistic that they will rebound. I'm also glad that they decided to fuck up my flowers and not The Q's bike, Chloe. It's a nice bike and I'd hate to see it ruined because of something I did.

Other than that, things are cool. I'm starting my new shift tonight: 9pm-9am, Sunday through Tuesday. I'm excited and nervous. I've thought the whole thing through and I'm fairly certain I won't die of exhaustion this time, but I wasn't able to sleep all day today, waking up at about one. This is mostly due to the fact that I worked the remainder of my day shifts yesterday and don't have any time in between to fully acclimate myself to third-shift. Tomorrow should be easier.

Wow. This is the fourth post in a row for me. Stranger things have happened I guess.

For the benefit of Mr. Kite, there will be a show tonight

No comments: