Thursday, April 19, 2007

Continuity

I came to the realization yesterday that I really don't get out enough or do things to further my knowledge. As soon as I get home from work or school, I stay there. I sit on my couch and play video games or watch TV and I don't play around with Photoshop, Illustrator, or Flash like I use to either.

So in addition to the realization came the solution: Get out more. I live in West Campus for crying out loud. There's a million and two things to do within a five mile radius. I started my new path by venturing over to the local starbucks, sitting outside and smoking cigarettes whilst drinking coffee. It felt really damn good. I even had my laptop with me to mess around with illustrator a little.

Now I'm at Starbucks again; a different one. I know I've already been to the same place twice, but I have to start simple and work my way up. It feels good to be away from my stuffy apartment. It'd probably be a better experience if I cleaned the place up and did the dishes, but that's besides the point....

It'd still be stuffy.

One light, one mind, flashing in the dark.

No comments: