Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sleeplessness

Every morning I get off work, I feel tired; exhausted even. What I don't understand is that I'll go to bed, and wake up five or six times sporadically and not feel rested once I finally get out of bed. It seems to me that if your body is tired and you don't have to get up, you'll sleep. Apparently that's not the case. I'm sure it has something to do with the sun shining through my window and my circadian rhythms being screwed up. Damn those circadian rhythms and all their circadian rhythm-ness.

Worst of all, I keep having dreams about work. I'll wake up thinking that 100 comb binds are due in 15 minutes and be all freaked out until my brain catches up and realizes I'm half-naked, lying in bed at home.

-=sigh=-

By the way, if anybody has any leads on a weird and/or wacky job or perhaps some sort of design job, please, by all means, let me know.

I'll choose my own shit scene.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it isn't the fact that your girlfriend keeps coming in a waking you?

- The Q

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

casey, sorry i'm late with this comment, but you should seriously wear double eye patches to prevent light from hitting your retina because light prevents your pineal gland from making melatonin, which not only helps regulate your circadian rhythms, but also is a sleep promoter and an anti-oxidant....bottom line, light is bad when you're trying to sleep....yeah that was a whole class i had....and as usual, i miss you! so hope you feel better :) jen


oh i "accidentally" deleted that b/c i wanted to add that you probably knew all of that already, but i was trying to be an over-protective/concerned friend :o love you

Jen said...

ummm, ok, so i took a shower and had a serious case of deja vu....so sorry if i caused a glitch in your matrix...you know i have a problem telling stories multiple times :(