Sunday, June 25, 2006

Happiness is a red gun Bang, bang, shoot, shoot

Hmmm. It's been a while since I've done this. Mostly because it's been a while since I haven't been busy at work. So let's see....

Saturday was Strawberry King's (The Q's best friend) birthday. The Q and I joined her and a slew of her friends for drinking at The Sidebar. Nice place. They had Bootlegger there so I couldn't really complain. I was supposed to be the designated driver, but my love of Bootlegger led me to down about 5 or 6 pints of the stuff and I was three sheets to the wind. Needless to say, The Q drove us to Starseeds.

Yesterday was spent showing my love for The Q by shaving my arms and legs and letting her begin casting parts of my body. We started with the hands and feet. The rest of the week will be spent casting arms, legs, torso and head. Luckily I won't have to shave my eyebrows.

I actually kind of found it amusing shaving my legs and such. I haven't seen my legs hairless since puberty. It sure is itchy. I salute all the woman out there who shave their legs and other areas for their respective men. I've got to finish up my legs when I get home this morning. I'm looking forward to it.

In work news, I applied for a new position that opened up. If I get it I'll be working 9am-4pm Monday through Friday doing document creation. Meaning I'll be doing production design for all our commercial customers. I really hope I get it. It'd be nice to work during the day again. It'd allow me to go to school and still have time for the band. Which brings me to my next subject:

The band looked like it was going to finally take off a few weeks ago when we obtained a new bassist. He could nail all the harmonies and was pretty fast at learning the bass lines. Unfortunately he stopped showing up to practice and didn't really return our calls. I've kind of resigned myself to believing that our band is destined to never have a bass player. I don't know what Mark's thinking. Today he asked me if I felt let down by him. I didn't know what to tell him. He's brought me places I'd never thought I'd be and given me confidence to do things I didn't think I could do. I've stuck with him for the past year and almost a half without ever really seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and I suppose I'll keep doing it. I like playing music. I just don't know what we need to do to get things moving in the direction we want them to. I've always relied on Mark to figure that out.

Anyway, on Thursday I'm leaving to go to Michigan again. This time I'll be gone for a week. The Q is tré sad about this. I apologize to her. It's going to be fun. I'll be up there during the 4th of July and seeing as how they don't have burn bans, I'll be able to blow stuff up! I love fireworks. Plus I get to spend more time with my half-sisters and that's what I'm looking forward to the most. I'll be returning on the 8th should anyone wish to know.

Oh yeah, and The Q's birthday was earlier this month. June 18th, 1984. A glorious day in history. I got her Sofia Mini's, a tiny cake, and a Nintendo DS Lite which so far she seems to love. I got myself one as well and we enjoy crossing animals.

I'll post some of the pictures the Q took of me shaving myself in the tub and getting casted soon.

No comments: