Tuesday, April 11, 2006

SH 20 Multipurpose Cleaner Woes....

Perhaps it was the Polyacrylic Acid. Maybe it was the Nonlonic Surfacant. It might have even been the Dipropylene Glycol Methyl Ether. Whatever it was, the stuff in SH 20 Multipurpose Cleaner doesn't agree with the paint on my truck. In fact, it's a genocidal maniac. It wishes the destruction of the beautiful blue paint on my little Mazda.

In other words, it's five in the morning and I have nothing to do at work, again. So I decided to make a for sale sign for my truck, remove all my wonderful stickers, and then I even had the idea to semi-wash my truck. I don't know why, but I didn't feel like waiting until I got off to go to a proper car-wash. So to shorten this already lengthy story, I used an industrial strength cleanser to wash my truck. The moment I sprayed some on, applied a paper towel and saw blue on said towel, I knew something was amiss. Luckily, no visible damage was done. I'm sure on some sub-atomic level, paint atoms were raped by SH 20 atoms. Or something.

That'll teach me to wash my truck at five in the morning on the clock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I somehow feel partially responsible for this.

-The Q