Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Nifty Fifty

I got a new lens for my camera recently. A 50mm f/1.8 II or the "Nifty Fifty" (also "Fantastic Plastic") as it's called. Supposedly it's one of the best and least expensive lenses you can get for a Canon and so far I agree. I've taken about 350 shots with it so far and a lot of them are really rad. The super low f-stop of 1.8 lets me take extremely cool depth of field shots. It focuses ridiculously fast and when I stop down the lens to anything above 1.8 it's very sharp. I'm not sure I'll be taking this lens off anytime soon. You can check out my latest pictures on my Flickr account if you'd like. I update it almost everyday if I can.

In other news, come this summer, I will be completely best-friendless. My buddy Bruh is heading back home for a while at the end of next week. I have no idea when he'll be back. My other friend Nick will be leaving for graduate school sometime this summer. I've known him for at least 11 or 12 years and though I don't see him that often anymore, it's still a little hard for me. I suppose I'll be alright. I make new friends pretty easily, but it'll very hard to find really great friends like Nick and Bruh.

Speaking of Bruh, his band The Vermicious Canids has two shows this weekend: Friday at The Red Eyed Fly at 10:30pm and Saturday at Independence Brewery at 1:00pm. These two shows could potentially be their last so I highly recommend you check them out live while you can.

Oh, and in case you haven't noticed, June Bugs are starting to arrive and dive bomb into things. I've already had three pull a kamikaze run on my head while sitting on my porch. I thought the new porch light I bought was supposed to NOT attract bugs.

Finally I'd like to announce that Corley and I should be having a Rock Band party sometime this month. We'll hopefully set a date soon and I'll post the details everywhere I can. Rock Band parties are tons of fun and if you haven't been to one yet you should definitely come to ours. I guarantee you'll have a blast.

No comments: