Wednesday, November 15, 2006

What's with these goth kids?

As Corley mentioned in one of her recent postings, I have indeed been working on a template for her blog. I wouldn't go so far as describing it "gorgeous". In fact, it's very plain and simple. And she's right, I'm not happy with it. To me, knowing how it's coded, it feels very slapped together and I'm worried it wouldn't hold up when viewed on a PC through Internet Explorer or Firefox or any other sort of browser. Then again, I'll never be satisfied with anything I do artistically.

Which brings me to my next topic. All my friends and classmates regularly compliment me on my projects, creations, etc. They tell me I have the talent to do it as a career. If only my friends and classmates were the people hiring me.

The only method I have for conveying my abilities to a potential employer is a resume and a portfolio. The resume could say all kinds of things related to how proficient I am at this or that, but everyone applying for that job probably has a resume saying the same thing. So it comes down to the contents of you portfolio. I haven't done any sort of design work for a company so the only thing I could put in a portfolio are examples of stuff I've done in class; not what they want.

But I'll keep chugging along on my dear, sweet Corley's blog redesign and maybe I'll end up liking the end results.

In other news.... Well, there really isn't much else going on. The Nintendo Wii comes out this Sunday, but that's only interesting if you like video games. I still have no idea where I'm going to live come this January and I'm still stuck at FedEx Stinko's.

Oh, Shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you know what would probably look good in a portfoliio? Templates you design that contain your original artwork.

That's a a double shot of impressive right there - bad-ass.